
Allison had her first coach pitch softball game Thursday evening. This was definitely new for us. She has had about three practices so far, I believe, and Bruce had been taking her, so I really didn't know what to expect. She did very, very well. She actually got hits on both of her at-bats, so I think that is pretty awesome for the first game in the first year of playing softball where the ball is pitched to you versus being on a Tee, which is what she has played for the past, what....4 years I guess. There is a lot of standing around ... on purpose...basically because they are still learning how to hit a ball, so there are a lot of misses! I think I heard someone say that they get 7 pitches and then they are out if they haven't hit, but it sure seemed like a lot more pitches to the first batters. There is beginning fielding going on too, but the girls basically are just to try to field it and throw it to first base...many were also throwing it to the coach/pitcher, so maybe that is desired too...I don't know. Some weeks we will actually have games on two evenings a week...so thus it begins! :)
Image by
Cool Text: Free Graphics Generator -
Edit Image
No comments:
Post a Comment