Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden is Dead

What a beautiful picture this is....   I was born an American, I was raised an American, and I am still an American.  While I don't claim to be one of these flag-toting, over the top zealots, I am proud to be an American.  For the majority of my life, I have also been a passive proud American.  I have always taken being an American and all that came with that 'title' for granted, a God-given, God-blessed 'right' I suppose.  I live in a very 'normal' area of the country.  It's one of the best areas of the world to live.  Small, rural, relatively calm and quiet, some say boring, pretty safe....  I am truly blessed and fortunate to have been born and raised here.  Thanks be to God that I have not had any horrific trials in my life. I have been blessed.

Almost 10 years ago, when the events surrounding September 11, 2001, occurred, fear pretty much spread across the country.  Even though I was 1,500 or so miles away from Ground Zero in New York City, or the Pentagon in Washington, DC, or a field in Pennsylvania, there was a sense of paralyzing fear for a period of time.  There was so much unknown.  The biggest unknown was....why?   We knew the who...the where..the when...but the why was so hard to understand.  They way of life for the individuals who hijacked and flew those planes full of people to their deaths is impossible to imagine.  Their disregard for the greatest gift of all...that of life...is unfathomable to me.

Last night, the United States Marine special ops brought down the head kingpin of Al-Quida...Osama Bin Laden is dead, killed in his 'sprawling compound' in Pakistan.

Lesa
Image by Cool Text: Free Graphics Generator - Edit Image

No comments:

Post a Comment