Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bob Seger Concert, 5-10-11, #7

Can I just say O-M-G?  My wonderful husband saw that Bob Seger was going to be in concert in Omaha just a few weeks before the actual concert.  He got on Ticketmaster, and purchased two tickets, and we printed them off. We drove to Omaha on the appointed day, arriving at the appointed time, and walked to the appointed side of the arena.  We give our ticket sheets to the usher who looked at the seat numbers and began walking us to our seats.  We knew that they were going to be 'pretty good' seats, all things considered, but we really had no idea "HOW GOOD".  He just kept going down and down. Pretty soon we are like RIGHT-BY-THE-STAGE!!  Our row 5 seats suddenly became the same as row 1 seats, and I tell you if I was a spitter I could probably spit on the stage! It was unbelievable. The folks around us were pretty much having the same reaction...they could not believe we were that close either.

The realness of being so close really hit us once the concert began of course.  You can get an idea from the pictures how close we were to a rock and roll legend.  Bruce does not see things, movies, films, concerts, tv shows , etc., more than once. Once is enough in his book. He has seen Seger at least three or four times. So, we know just from that that Bruce is a HUGE fan!  Bob is aging obviously; he's just turned 66 on the 8th of May.  But man oh man, can "THE MAN" sing!!! He still has the voice even after years of fighting career crippling and near-ending laryngitis, etc.

I have always been interested in when you see these young girls usually on tv and they see their 'singing or acting idol' and they start crying, etc.  I always thought that was so weird.  Well, this night I had tears streaming down my cheeks, to be soooo close to this music legend, and he's just feet away singing some of his hits making it feel like he is singing to you.  I read once somewhere that music is the soundtrack of our lives. I've always taken that to heart because I do enjoy music so much.  Bob Seger has been a huge influence in that soundtrack for both Bruce and myself, and this evening was a treat, a real treat!















Lesa
Image by Cool Text: Free Graphics Generator - Edit Image

No comments:

Post a Comment