Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

*Sigh*.....not again...

Poor Bruce....He's kinda feeling this is not his year...but technically hitting the deer was in November of 2012, soooooo it's a new year.  He drove my car to church this morning because he comes later (as Allison and I go earlier for Sunday School and Bible Class).  When we were leaving church, the snow/ice pelts had begun to fall. It was pretty frozen on the windshield.  Allison and I were in the SUV and we were behind Bruce by a few minutes because we had to scrape and melt the windshield.  We came around the block, and I noticed this accident scene.  After taking a second look, I'm like "Hey! That's my car!"  Weird moment there.....

Poor Bruce...he was coming from the south (directly in the back in the picture) and he has the yield sign; he was in the middle of the intersection, and the other red car was coming from the east and just plowed into him.  It is a five-street intersection, and it is a bugger....it's hard to see on a good day.  Thankfully no one was injured; however, the other driver hit our car with so much force that his airbag deployed and he did actually have a "burned" chin that was bleeding a tad bit.  

The police basically ruled it as a "no fault" accident...they couldn't determine a fault in the accident, maybe the weather, who knows

But, look at the front end of a front wheel drive car.  My 1997 Sunfire may have seen the last days on the streets.  While I'm a little nostalgic about it, it's had a good life, and I've been wanting a different car, but Bruce could see no reason for a new one.  Alas, now something will have to happen, huh?

This afternoon, I've been on the local dealers websites to see if they have any listings for preowned cars, etc.  Bruce joked that I was appearing to be in real mourning here, and couldn't I even wait until the body was cool.  :D

Again, thankfully, so much thankfully, Bruce was okay and not injured except for maybe a stiff leg for a little while, and of course shaken...it could have been much worse.  We are very lucky.


Lesa
Image by Cool Text: Free Graphics Generator - Edit Image

No comments:

Post a Comment